Saturday, March 14, 2009

Trying Again

I know I haven't been the best at keeping this updated. But my posts weren't getting posted, hopefully the problem is fixed now! My life right now is great, I am living in a small village (about 300 people) in the Atlas mountains about 120 kilometers outside Beni Millal. The days are hot with a cool breeze and the nights are just right for sleeping. Although that is hard to do with my host family's dog barking at the wild dogs that come out at night. There are a few in particular that I have been tangling with, but I have a big stick now to fend myself off with (I had only rocks before but my host-mother has fixed that). The food is delicious and I am learning Tamazhigt (the Berber dialect spoken here) slowly but surely. There are down turns to things like having to wash your clothes by hand, washing yourself with cold water out of a bucket only once every few days, and using your hand in the bathroom rather than toilet paper. But those are small in comparison to the kindess and generosity of the people as well as the beautiful landscape. I will hopefully have more time to update this and throw some new pictures on in a week or less. Until then, Bslama and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment